- Thursday, November 21, 2019
- 2:00pm - 3:00pm Eastern
- Reading Room - HCHB RM 1894
Lexis CLE Class: Writing Strategies
Join us at the Commerce Research Library for a Continuing Legal Education (CLE)* program facilitated by LexisNexis. In order to receive credit from the program attendees must be present for the entire class in-person or virtually.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand how to effectively write for the intended audience and utilize tactics to best serve your reader
- Implement easy writing and formatting tips to better assist “quick-flip: and non-attorney readers
- Identify common policy and contract drafting errors and downfalls
- Demonstrate how to draft more concise contracts and policies
If you are unable to attend this live presentation it will be recorded. The Library sends a follow-up to anyone who registers and includes a link to the recording. We also make most of our previous trainings and presentations available online. Please note that only those attendees who participate synchronously will receive CLE credit.
Visiting the Library for the first time?
The Commerce Research Library is located in the northwest corner of the building on the first floor, directly below the gym. It has two entrances. The entrance to the Reading Room (room 1894) can be accessed via the 8th corridor elevator at the north end of the building. The entrance to the Business Library (room 1984) can be accessed from the 6th corridor elevator.
*CLE credit will not be offered for the state of New Mexico.