- Thursday, November 8, 2018
- 10:00am - 11:00am
- Reading Room (HCHB Room 1894)
The Economist Intelligence Unit on China
The Commerce Research Library is pleased to welcome The EIU’s Tom Rafferty, Principal Economist, China. Mr. Rafferty will discuss:
- China’s macro economy: what is the outlook for economic growth & reform?
- US-China trade war: how will this impact China & global supply chains?
- China from the bottom-up: which regions & business sectors hold the most promise?
- Belt and Road Initiative: a risk or opportunity for foreign companies?
About Mr. Rafferty:
Tom Rafferty heads The Economist Intelligence Unit’s research on China and manages a team of analysts based in Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong. He advises clients on political and economic developments in China, helping make sense of the them for their business operations, and oversees The EIU’s Access China service, which offers analytical coverage of China’s provinces and cities. Tom and his team also play a central role in advising Chinese clients investing globally. Learn more about Tom here.