- Thursday, October 25, 2018
- 10:00am - 11:00am
- Reading Room (HCHB Room 1894)
Around the Bureaus: Supporting Cybersecurity Education at NIST
In honor of National Cybersecurity Awareness Month, the Commerce Research Library is pleased to welcome Rodney Petersen, Director of the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE) at NIST. Mr. Petersen will discuss how NICE seeks to energize and promote a robust network and an ecosystem of cybersecurity education, training, and workforce development.
Join us to learn more:
- What is NICE and how does it fit into NIST?
- How has NICE responded to Executive Order 13800 on Protecting the Cybersecurity of Federal Networks and Critical Infrastructures?
- What are the benefits of an “earn while you learn” model to develop a highly-skilled cybersecurity workforce?
About Mr. Petersen:
Rodney Petersen is the director of NICE at NIST in the U.S. Department of Commerce. He previously served as the Managing Director of the EDUCAUSE Washington Office and a Senior Government Relations Officer. He founded and directed the EDUCAUSE Cybersecurity Initiative and was the lead staff liaison for the Higher Education Information Security Council. Prior to joining EDUCAUSE, he worked at two different times for the University of Maryland - first as Campus Compliance Officer in the Office of the President and later as the Director of IT Policy and Planning in the Office of the Vice President and Chief Information Officer. Read more here.